BABSON PARK, Mass. – The Skidmore College ice hockey team finished off a tough week with a big NEHC road win over #14 Babson College on Saturday. The win snaps a two-game losing streak and puts the Thoroughbreds in the hunt for home ice in the upcoming league tournament. Skidmore is 12-6-2 overall and 6-5-2 in league play. The Beavers are 13-7-2 and 8-5-2 in the NEHC.
- The win gives Skidmore a chance to break away from Babson. The Thoroughbreds picked up today’s win after defeating the defending NEHC champions 3-3 on Nov. 8.
- Skidmore didn’t enter the defensive race. Cayden Patrick He scored a team-high 11th goal. Connor Wood And Everett Wardle At 7:31 the first for a 1-0 lead. The Beavers tied it at 17:34 of the second.
- Wardle finally took the third from Patrick and the winner in 8:18 Jade York. He was the team’s leading scorer at 7-14—21 with his seventh and first game-winner of the year.
- Babson pressured the Thoroughbreds in the closing minutes, however Tate Brandon And the Skidmore defense shut down the Beavers. Brandon made 14 of his 34 saves in the third period, including six in the final two minutes. His was 10Th Game of the season with 30 or more saves.
- With regular season games underway, Skidmore is fifth with 21 points, four behind Elmira for fourth and five behind Babson for third. Skidmore has a game against Elmira and two against Babson.
Next up: Skidmore heads to Castleton on Tuesday for another schedule and returns home Feb. 3 against Hobart and Feb. 4 against Elmira.