Air SwiftThe Philippines’ first boutique airline has launched a new route – Manila to Romblon!
For a while, the only way to Romblon is by sea. Access became easier when the Romblon Airport (also known as Tugdan Airport or Tablas Airport) in the municipality of Alcantara opened and regular flights to the province began. However, the epidemic stopped the work. The sea once again became the only means of commercial passenger transport.
Fast forward to September 24, 2022: Air Swift It had its first flight! This makes traveling between Manila and Romblon much faster, easier and more convenient. No need to spend hours on the boat. This cuts the journey down to about an hour.
As of this writing, here are the details:
- Terminal in Manila: NAIA Terminal 4
- Terminal in Romblon: Tugdan Airport (Romblon Airport) in Alcantara, Tablas Island
- Travel time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Schedule: Tuesday and Saturday (2 times a week)
Right now, AirSWIFT has an introductory promotion covering flights to Romblon. If you’re flying before the end of the year, you can snag tickets for only P3,819, all inclusive. More information on the image below:
AirSWIFT has four types of airfare packages.
- Promotion: This offers unlimited free rebooking and 7kg baggage allowance. However, since it is a promotion, there are limited seats available for this package.
- Basic: This allows 5x free rebooking, but refunds and transfers are not allowed. There is no check-in baggage allowance, but you have 7kg free for hand luggage.
- Price: This has a 10kg check-in baggage allowance in addition to 7kg carry-on baggage allowance. You can rebook 5X for free, but you can’t redirect.
- Premium: This has the same benefits as the Value Package but with a 20kg check-in baggage allowance instead of just 10kg.
Note: You should take into account that there may be a difference in fares when using free rebooking.
AirSWIFT uses a turboprop regional airliner ATR 42-600 manufactured by Franco-Italian aircraft manufacturer ATR (Avions de Transport Régional). The seat is limited to 50 passengers, which means less noise and stress in the airport, even during check-in and boarding.
For more information about AirSWIFT and to view their flight schedules and fares, visit www.air-swift.com.
What is covered in this guide?
Here are the top Romblon hotels and resorts on Agoda. Note the location of these properties because the province is an archipelago and the properties below are located in different islands.
Written by: Asta Alvarez
Photos by: Yosh Dimen
Disc: We were fortunate and honored to be invited by the Department of Tourism (DOT) – MIMAROPA to celebrate the occasion with Air Swift and the people of Romblon. The event and subsequent tour was organized by AirSWIFT.