Dr. Skylar Olson is back on the Zillow team.
Olsen spent eight years at the real estate giant, most recently serving as chief economist from 2012 to 2020. She returned to Zillow in her role as chief economist and helped the company strengthen its market research arm.
In the year Olson, who earned her PhD in economics at the University of Washington in 2013, spent eight months there. ClimateCheck In the year Tom, a mortgage startup founded by two Zillow vets. She also runs her own consultancy, Think again economics.
Zillow also recently hired Dr. Orfe DiVongueFormer Chief Economist at the Illinois Policy Institute, as Senior Economist.
Other employee changes in the Pacific Northwest technology industry:
- Trevor EdwardsFormer president NikeJoined the board Funkoan Everett, Wash.-based retailer of pop culture toys and collectibles.
- Abed FarhanFormer sales executive at a Vancouver, Wash.-based marketing company Zoom informationJoined Portland, Ore. Start based on customer data Lytics As Chief Commercial and Strategy Officer.
- Kathy AhujaA security veteran who has worked at OneLogin, DocuSign, Microsoft, Oracle and Symantec has been named vice president of information security at a Seattle data warehouse startup. Kumulo.
- Meredith HanEx Brooks Run director, rose to vice president of product at a Seattle real estate startup Flyhomes.
- Robert Lockea former senior executive at an automation giant Johnson Controlshas joined a Seattle AI startup. Phaedra As the new president and chief strategy officer.
- Sujung SmithA former Microsoft executive and serial entrepreneur, he has joined a Seattle agriculture IoT startup. a dog.
- Chris SembroskiA Seattle-area data engineer, one of four crew members on a mission to orbit aboard SpaceX’s Crew Dragon capsule, joined. Blue origin As an avionics engineer. Read more.